Sunday, June 01, 2014

Jack of all Trades

So, with the new larger TV, I’ve taken to watching some shows I just never saw while they were on air.

This catch-up viewing is related to the fact that I don’t have cable, satellite or NetFlix, nor have I had any of those forms of TV going on close to two decades now . . .

No, really!

I do all my TV watching via DVDs - and our local library has a ton of them, which is fine by me since DVD sets are not cheap.

So, one such gem of a show I finally got to watch was, as the blog title suggests, “Jack of all Trades”, and I must say what a silly, fun show it is.

I’ve always been a fan of Bruce Campbell’s work anyhow, and this show is right up his ally.

And, to my surprise once I started watching it, the episodes are only one half hour long.

I had no idea, but still as a comedy, the half hour format works perfectly.

If you want some silly Bruce Campbell fun TV viewing, look no further than this show.

We have also been taking in some “Downton Abby”, which, after watching 3 episodes has me thinking - this is pretty far fetched, and nowhere even remotely as good as anything Dickens or Austin wrote.

Still, it was not intended to be. I think it is supposed to be a modernized version of those types of works - it’s watchable and pretty okay, but I am not enamored of it.

So what is next on the silly viewing schedule . . . um, Spartacus: blood and sand . . .

I admit, I don’t know too much about the show except for the over the top violence and sex, which maybe all it has going for it?

Well, this week I guess I’ll find out.

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment