Sunday, June 29, 2014

cube root of 125000

Yup, that’s how old I’m turning . . .

Believe me, I seemed only yesterday I was in diapers, then I blinked, and . . . now this!

It really is hard to believe so many years have flown by. In my mind’s eye, I’m still twenty . . . but, as you may know if you read this blog, my body has other ideas about that.

So, today I’m off to my good friend’s farm to play board games - all day - and yes, all board games of my choosing.

What could be a better celebration for reaching the half century mark?

Well, for me anyhow - maybe you would celebrate differently.

So, the two games I am really wanting to play are as follows;

Spartacus - a 2-6 player game where you play the Dominus of a gladiatorial house trying to step over and pooch others while climbing the Roman influence ladder to reach the top position in status.

It has backstabbing, hidden auctions, slaves, guards and even battles in the arena between gladiators - just awesome fun.

The second is - Level 7 Omega Protocol - this one is a 1 vs many. So, a 2-6 player game. I’ll be playing as the Overseer, the behind the scenes mastermind controlling the environment and the alien menace.

The other 2-5 will be playing elite commandos . . . I am really looking forward to this!

And the icing on the cake - whipped cream.

As in the cake being a home made “black forest” and hence the whipped cream as the icing . . .

Well, I need to go read over a few more rules so I don’t mess up the two games too much - and I also need to cut up a mess of green beans, a bit of health food to go with supper.

When you get to be my age you just can’t eat chips and candy and drink pop all day anymore . . . well, you can, but your really, really don’t want to deal with the fallout - believe me!

And just so you know, as of this day I’m technically still 49 . . . but come next Sunday . . . um, I’ll be older!

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment