Sunday, March 23, 2014

dungeon zombie

No, this is not a new game, but I did buy a couple small ones yesterday in the Big City . . .

So, I got Dungeon Roll, a small quick game, easy to learn and fun to play.

I also picked up a copy of Zombie Dice, the deluxe version in the plastic screw-top canister.

Um, and why did I do this when my friends already have these two games . . . er, well, last night was games night at the church and I needed something that was easy to teach and play and could handle a lot of people.

No, I’m not going all religious on you, this was just an opportunity for me to head out and play games.

Heck, if this was a KKK gathering to play games I may have gone . . . okay, I wouldn’t . . . but games!

Enough about that. Suffice to say fun was had and lots of dice were chucked and I lost every time - with a smile on my face though because the others were having fun.

And last week I was scorching on the tennis courts. Yup, one of those weeks where my game was much better than average and I cleaned up.

This means, due to the law of non-consistency, that this week I will suck heavily.

I’ve learned to deal with it . . .

And my new play through over on the Tubes of You is Conquest of Planet Earth, a rather silly game from Flying Frog Productions in which you play an alien race intent on, you guessed it, conquering planet earth.

Fun and campy but you need to realize that you are totally at the whim of luck in this one due to card draws and dice rolls.

I should wrap it up this week sometime.

And, on the reading front I finished “Ready Player One” and I actually gave it 5 stars over on Goodreads . . . I rarely give a book 5 stars, like ever.

It just hit me the right way as I was, and still am, a pretty enthusiastic computer gamer and love those old arcade games on the 80s, and Gygax pen and paper Dungeons & Dragons modules, and Sci-Fi movies and  . . .

Well, let’s just say this book had a fun adventure cyber-story loaded with references to all those things I grew up with and I really, really liked.

So, 5 stars.

Well, times up, gotta scoot.

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment