Sunday, December 08, 2013

what is next?

I’ve had lots and lots of positive feedback on my video play through series of the board game, Dawn of the Zeds, and so, I’m going to start up another series.

I’ll be playing through the first mission of, Level 7: Omega Protocol. In this board game, one person plays the aliens, the others the commandos.

The game is a mash-up of the mechanics of Mansions of Madness and Descent 2nd edition. Which, is very cool. And with aliens and commandos . . . Oh, Yeah!

The trick to running the game solo is to be ruthless on both sides, and this game lets you do just that. There are a ton of options for both commandos and aliens, as you will see if you watch along.

I’ve played it three times so far, (commandos 2, aliens 1), to get the rules down and I think I’m about ready to give the first mission a shot behind the camera.

And tomorrow, I am back on the tennis courts for the first time in months. I’m playing with weaker players, which is perfect for getting back into it.

I will likely be very rusty and make a lot of horrible shots. Oh well, it is for fun now as I think this last injury to my ankle has taught my stubborn mind the reality of things and old body limitations.

And it feels like I blinked during August, and suddenly December is here.

Our tree is now up, did it last weekend, and the house looks more or less ready for Santa to shoot down our chimney and gobble cookies.

And, our daughter is now officially in a different orchestra, which is just fine by me, as this week’s overdose of practices led to her playing very little (like 15 minutes) at last nights 2 and a half hour choir concert.

So, I’ll be off to the big city again this coming weekend, and you just know another game or two will appear for my update next week.

Yeah, I’m irrepressible.

And I finished reading book 50 for the year yesterday - which was my adjusted goal, so good on me. I’ll even finish a few more I think before 2014 hits the calendars.

Also, I guess I’m officially in the union at work now so am now much harder to get rid of. And, the last two weeks have been 20 hours each - way more manageable on my body.

Well, not much else to report, so I will leave you to travel elsewhere on the intertubes.

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment