Sunday, December 29, 2013

Twilight day

No, not that Twilight! (Finger, nay entire arm, down throat!)

So, finally, after that darn ice storm cancelled our Huge Game Day last weekend - it’s on again today!

Yup, time for me to pull out the hundred pound, coffin-box sized game of Twilight Imperium III and sit down with friends for a whole bunch of hours of galactic conquest and political intrigue.

And I was almost, just almost, tempted to pick up the newest expansion for the game - like this game needs more moving parts? . . .

It would have added a bunch more cool things to the game, but since we only ever play, at best, once a year, I gave it a pass.

Still, I have the base game and the first expansion, which already added a ton of new stuff as it is.

Yesterday, after returning home from a short trip, the weather was warm enough for me to go outside and chisel the inch of ice off of the sidewalk in front of our house, and about half the driveway.

It was damn hard, let me tell you.

Snow I can handle.

Ice, is a female dog!

It is gone now, but I can feel it in my back and arms. Getting old is also a female dog!

And I just started reading Leviathan Wakes, a huge-ass space opera that I got over Christmas in Kobo form. I must say - I’m really liking it.

Only about a couple hundred pages in, but it is intriguing and spiced with just the right amount of space opera butt-kicking action.

If you like space opera, you will likely like this one. It’s by James S. A Corey.

I played a bit harder tennis last week and am happy to report my ankle held up just fine.

I’m not going to push it like I did in the past, but it was good to know that “moderate” tennis seems to be okay.

If time is money . . . how come I’m so poor?

Anyhow, time for me to go and get ready for today’s epic space game.

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment