Sunday, December 15, 2013

Shovel this!

Well, you knew it was coming - snow, that is.

I’m not a big baby or anything, but when I trek to the big city game store I like to do so without trudging through six inches of snow coupled with forty mile per hour winds and below freezing temperatures . . .

Okay, maybe I am just a big baby.

Still, yesterday was pretty nasty - and guess what?

That’s right - I didn’t buy a new game!

Er, what, you did I just write? . . .

No, it's true - let’s just say lugging a bag full of games back into that weather just didn’t seem like a whole lot of fun.

So, I passed on any purchase this week - there is always next time, and the time after that and . . .

On a more physically exciting note - I hit the tennis courts last week for the first time in months.

It felt really good to hit the ball again, and yes I sucked pretty badly, but it didn’t matter one bit - I had fun, so all was good.

My ankle did flare up a wee bit about half way through, so there was that, but it seemed to calm down near the end.

I think of it as a subtle reminder that I won’t be playing any power tennis for quite some time - if ever again.

Oh well.

On another note, my play through of Level 7 [Omega Protocol] is doing better than my last series, which is not really the point, but still it inspires more videos.

And 52 books have fallen under my gaze this year, but I don’t know how many more will get absorbed. Perhaps a couple or three more.

As for the “part-time” work front, they initially scheduled me in for 40 hours next week. Um, excuse me? . . .

After wondering WTF that was all about, I found out my boss thought it would be a nice Christmas gift to give me more hours . . .

Um, have I mentioned that my boss is cracked?

Anyhow, after my telling him no thanks, I’m back to 24 hours, which is still pushing the maximum my old body can handle . . .

Well, once again I am sure you have other sites and sounds to stimulate you - so,

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment