Sunday, November 10, 2013

relative success

It would seem I have sort of a following now on YouTube for my video series, Dawn of the Zeds Playthrough.

Not only is the game designer enjoying my trouncing . . . er, playing, of the game, turn by turn, but it would appear, looking at the numbers, that several dozens of others are also enjoying the ride.

And yes, it is a pretty niche board game being solitaire and zombie apocalypse, but still, to me several dozens constitutes a pretty sizable audience.

This is the type of endeavor which feeds upon itself - at least it is for me.

What I mean by this is as I post more videos and get more viewers and comments, I feel inspired to post more videos because I know out there somewhere people are enjoying what I’m creating.

And I’m not doing it to stroke my own ego, but to share a great game with others and have them experience the terror of trying to fend off hordes of zombies and maybe, just maybe, hold out until the National Guard arrives to save what is left of the town and thereby win the game.

But I’m only half way there right now in the game, with many miles to go before my townsfolk and heroes get to sleep.

On the work front - to change subjects - my “part-time” job ramps up again this week with me scheduled to work 4 out of 5 days - three of those are 8 hour shifts! . . . when I was on hiatus did the definition of part-time change to almost full-time in disguise or something?

Anyhow, I’m going to be physically wiped by week’s end and I’ll have a hard time keeping up the video posting of my Zeds playthrough because of this.

I know, by watching some series myself, that regular updates are key to retaining audience participation, so I really want to post at least one turn a day.

I will do my best, but I may have to skip a day or two - damn!

Oh, and I also upgraded my internet speed!

I’m cooking with gas now at 10Mbps download and 1Mbps upload. What a huge difference it makes when uploading HD video - What took me 8 hours to upload last week now only takes me 1 hour.

And yes, I really need to dust off the tennis shoes and hit the courts again even if it is only for tennis aerobics time - but hell, if my job keeps me chained so damn much and sucks out my energies through repeated heavy lifting, I just don’t know when I’m going to get back to it.

One small glimmer of hope is that in three weeks my “trial” period ends and then I am “in”. And, as far as I know, once this happens the absolute most they can book me in one week is 20 hours.

My aging body really looks forward to that.

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment