Sunday, November 03, 2013

need for more speed

Well, as I work away on my Dawn of the Zeds playthrough (uploading turn 10 today) I have found out one thing for certain . . .

My internet speed is just not up to the task.

It takes me about 4 hours to upload a 7 minute 720p video.

This is just way too slow.

So, next week I’m pumping it up to 10Mbps download and 1Mbps upload speed.

Once upgraded, my upload speeds will be 8 times faster - much more acceptable.

So, as an amusing side note (okay, to me anyhow) is the fact that I’m posting my Zeds playthrough over at Boardgamegeek and getting lots (well more than 10) of views and even some comments.

Now, what is amusing about that you ask?

Well, for a couple of days one commentor was indicating that he was enjoying the series and looking forward to the next episode and generally being a nice guy about the whole thing.

Then, after a couple of days I clued in to who this person was - the actual designer of the game.

Hey, how cool is that? . . . Okay, maybe it’s just me . . .

Now, off on a work tangent.

My new tactic is to refuse extra work days. I mean, I’m part-time and this is minimum wage and no, I am not on-call-guy thank you very much - I do have lots of other things to occupy my time.

With this new mind set I find the two or three shifts a week plenty. My body thanks me.

And what would a week be without the acquisition of yet another new game?

A dull one for sure . . .

So, I got my mitts on a copy of Firefly the board game. It looks pretty good and the components are absolutely top notch quality. Looking forward to playing a game of this.

It can handle between 1 an 4 players, so I may do a playthrough of this game once I smoke the Zeds in my current series . . .

Anyhow, much ado about not much happening this week except the filming and uploading of lots of playthrough episodes.

If you want to check out my YouTube channel for all that excitement you can head over to this here link: Paul Darcy on YouTube

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment