Sunday, November 17, 2013

busy but fun

This past week has gone by in a kind of blur.

But a pretty good blur. I’ve been pumping out a gameplay video every day for Dawn of the Zeds while working 30 hours at my “part-time” job.

Yeah, and another 30 hours coming up this week.

I think they are trying to kill me.

So, anyhow, with all that extra cash (yes, sarcasm) I bought a computer game to add to my too big Steam pile already.

It’s Shadowrun Returns, a top down game very much reminding me of Fallout 2, though more streamlined and linear.

I don’t really know a whole bunch about Shadowrun the RPG, or the original Sega Genesis game, but in a nutshell it combines fantasy, sci-fi and paranormal genres into one.

I’m having fun with it, so there it is.

I also finally finished reading Clash of Kings . . . oye, was that a long one. I found it not as good as Game of Thrones, but still fairly okay.

I’m waiting now for my local library to get me a copy of the HBO 2nd season first disc so I can watch it like I did for first season after finishing Game of Thrones.

And, last night, I watched Cabin in the Woods . . . not sure how to review this one. I did kinda like it, but overall I was left with a bit of a meh feeling over it.

Yesterday I managed to gather up five bags of leaves dropped from out maple trees and mulch up about an equal amount with the mower.

I have been a busy boy for sure . . . but like I said, pretty happy busy.

The only downside to all this week's manual labour (well half of it anyhow) is my back protests quite a bit and I fear I may actually do some real harm to it if these “part-time” hours persist.

I lift things the way you should, and don’t generally overdue it, but when I work 8 hours a day 3 days in a row, like last week and coming up again this week, I can really feel my back fatiguing in a bad way.

Well, not much else to relate for this week - I’ve got another episode to put up on YouTube today, and laundry, and shopping, and cleaning, and cooking . . . you get the picture.

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment