Sunday, October 13, 2013

they want me

I have only been working ‘part time’ for a month at the grocery store and they, the management, want me to be full time . . .

Um . . . say, what?

Yeah, I’m sure that is pretty much your reaction too.

As well, the other guy I started with, just got canned last week.

Guess I’m their star player.

And my back is getting much stronger. Why just a few days ago I was slinging 21 kg boxes of cat litter around like they were wheat puffs . . . or something.

Well, okay, they were damn heavy, but I managed to top shelf all ten of them without giving myself a hernia or dislocating anything - which is a plus at my age.

As for full time - um - not going to happen.

And here is why.

I’m not about to toss over to our government a goodly chuck of my meager earnings.

If I stay part time I can slip right under their minimum tax bracket and pay a big fat zero in income tax.

At full time - they will shave almost 20% off my earnings - bastards!

So - not going to happen. Oh, that and plus the fact that my old body would likely just break after all the heavy lifting 40 hours a week would entail.

On now on to other things because work talk is second only to weather chats as the most boring subject on earth . . .

So, on the book front I started ‘A Clash of Kings’, and I must say . . . not as riveting as the first book but engaging enough to have me already 300 pages in and still interested in reading on. And I’m reading it on my Kobo because I already do a lot of heavy lifting at work without having to at home.

I’m also reading the mega-module, ‘Rise of the Runelords’ - it’s a huge Pathfinder module that takes characters from 1st to 18th level . . . It’s actually pretty darn good, comprised of 6 modules in one . . .

. . . and if you don’t have any idea what I was just writing about, don’t worry yourself.

And on the game front - I got Dungeon Command. It’s a miniatures skirmish game and is pretty good. It’s best described, by many reviewers, as a love child between D&D and Magic: the Gathering. And the miniatures can double for any D&D RPG game as well as the interlocking tiles which are nicely detailed.

Oh, and they even threw in cards for each monster which can be used in the D&D adventure games as well . . . and I’ve lost most of you again . . .

And yes, I zoned out last week and missed posting. I worked all weekend and plum forgot about Sunday’s commitment to this here blog until about Tuesday . . . sorry bout that . . .

I’ll try to not let it happen again . . .

Well, not a lot left to drivel on about, so . . .

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment