Sunday, October 20, 2013

knuckle buckle

Two things I should have learned by this point in life are,

1) don’t rush

2) pay attention to your surroundings

When you ignore these two the likely outcome is - nothing much will happen to you.

Of course, every once in a while, when ignoring those two you get into trouble.

Such was the case for me yesterday.

Now, I’m making this sound all ominous and life-threatening, which is not in any way the case.

However, I’m in some discomfort because of rushing and not paying attention to my surroundings.

What happened?

Well, I was busy in my lair when the phone rang - so I rushed upstairs while not paying attention to a wall and literally smashed my hand into it . . .

Kind of like stubbing your toe, but in this case it was stubbing my middle finger . . .

Yes, it sounds as stupid as I felt after the incident.

The end result is I think I sprained my middle finger joint, the big knuckle if you will, of my right hand.

I have limited flexibility now with it and it hurts a bunch when I try to grip things or flex my middle finger . . .

So much for flipping people the bird for a while.

Yeah, go ahead and laugh at this old man . . . hell, I laughed at myself through the initial tears of pain.

So, friends and neighbours, always pay attention to your surroundings and don’t rush - it is not worth it.

Oh, and also don’t use your hand held devices while driving - ever!

But on the up side - today is game day again and it looks like we will be battling it out to see who will be the supreme lord of Waterdeep.

I just hope I don’t need to use my middle finger too much . . .

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment