Sunday, September 15, 2013

work weak

Wow, I forgot just how hard slugging boxes upon boxes of stock was on the old body.

I did this kind of grunt work as a teen - many, and I mean many, a year ago.

The first week of work then has been pretty hard on me physically, and my muscles are taking a beating.

I’m not so fit as I once was, but I’m getting much stronger as the days go by.

I’ll either shape up, or collapse . . . let’s hope I shape up.

Overall, it’s not too bad, and I suspect I will get used to it in time.

On the game front I did manage to get working on the intro and setup video of my Dawn of the Zeds playthrough . . . and that was about it.

I’m still learning the Imovie program, and it is, despite the learning curve, so infinitely far advanced from Windows Movie Maker that it is hard to believe it is free on the Mac.

Mac sure is light years ahead of Windows in this regard.

Still, it is not a completely intuitive piece of software, and I struggle to figure out how to do a lot of things - but it will come.

As for tennis . . . um, I was kind of waiting to see what my work schedule will boil down to. So far it’s about 20 hours a week, but shifts all over the place.

Looks though like I have pretty much every Friday and Saturday off.

This is good for planning other activities.

As for part-time, with everything going on at our house, I can’t imagine working any more hours anyhow.

Well, as you can see, not a lot of high excitement this week as I adjust to work life once again.

Hoping to get together with friends in the near future and play a game of Lords of Waterdeep.

And, if all goes well, we should also be starting our Descent: Journeys in the Dark campaign this month too.

Well, the time has run out on me again, and so I’ll sigh off.

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment