Sunday, August 25, 2013

acute acquisition disorder

You would think, after the hours and hours of gutting the house this summer and getting rid of mountains of life accumulations I would have learned . . .

. . . but, no.

So, as today’s blog title suggests, I just had to get myself another board game . . . well, two actually . . .

*I sense the rolling of many eyes*

Yes, I know I have this ‘slight’ problem . . . but it was on sale - and I had a gift card to use from my birthday - and I see you aren’t buying it . . .

Okay, I admit it.

I need help . . . making more room for my growing games collection . . .

See what I did there?

Anyhow, now that you know I got another board game you are likely wondering what the heck it is already.

So, long story short - I got Lords of Waterdeep and the new expansion - both on a great sale.

Seems that Indigo slash Chapters has them both on sale for four days at 34 percent off . . . yeah, 34.

Not sure why 34 . . . must be a Canadian thing?

So, that actually brought the price down a few dollars below the awesome online sellers.

And I had this 25 dollar gift card that I got for getting older this year that needed using, and I really, really do not need any more books, ever . . . and so . . .

Oh, also, the four day sale thing included free shipping anywhere in Canada . . . which is where I am . . .

Put it all together and both the base game and expansion cost me less than just buying the base game alone from any one of the hugely discounted online sellers . . .

Who would have thought Indigo would be such an awesome place for me to exercise my lack of control.

So, um, anyhow, now I need to inflict it on my friends once it arrives which will be some time next week . . .

And yeah, I’m out of time.

One last thing - it is games day again today (WooHoo!)

I’ll be leading four hapless investigators into the lair of a cultist headquarters . . . yup, it’s Mansions of Madness time again.

Say it with me . . . Muwahahahahaaaaa . . .

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment