Sunday, July 07, 2013

under the sun

as in, nothing much new.

I finished another book, well actually a kid’s book, this week. It was the first in the Spiderwick series . . . took about an hour to read.

It was pretty okay.

Not chomping to devour the second though, so not outstanding. The illustrations were pretty neat, I have to say.

Gaming happened yesterday and will happen again today.

We played Betrayal at House on the Hill. I was not the traitor, but my wife was.

Her character transformed into a werewolf and along with her pet dog, she hunted us down one by one until we were all werewolves too.

Our luck just did not hold and we were totally unable to find the revolver despite having created the silver bullets.

So, the traitor won. First game out of four where that happened. We played with six players.

Today’s fun will include Elder Sign and Last Night on Earth with a possibility of Dominion as well.

Yeah, games are good for you.

I think.

So, this past week I also hit the tennis court for the first time in six weeks or so. I wore one of those sock type ankle braces which helped.

It was low grade tennis and even at that I found my ankle just could not stand up to the punishment of playing.

I’m thinking another month or so to allow for more healing and I need a better brace once I return. Damn, this sucks.

So how do I spend my energies if I can’t do the tennis - why gutting the house, painting and cleaning, of course.

Since our whole family is home this summer we are getting into making our house a little more livable. It is incredible how much “stuff” you can jam into a house over the years.

And no new video this week either - just too much chaos around the homestead with everybody around.

Well, next week is a new week so maybe something truly exciting will take transpire . . .

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment