Sunday, July 14, 2013

promises promises

I swear, now that I have this week all to myself , I’m going to get a few things done . . .

First, I’m going to get another video, maybe even two or three, uploaded for my YouTube channel.

Second, I’m going to play a bunch of games with friends . . . I think.

And third, well, there is no third really . . .

As predicted, with the onset of summer vacation and the whole family around the house, it is increasingly hard to fulfil goals one sets for oneself.

I know this every year, and every year it’s the same. I think that with all of us around I will continue to do all those things I do when I have the house to myself . . . but it never happens.

Still one great thing has come of having all of us about - a major house cleansing is in process.

What does that entail?

Well, we started in the garage, clearing all that garbage out that is either pure garbage or no longer of any use to us.

Mission accomplished there - now we are working on the basement. That is the worst area for sure, but we are making steady progress.

There is something very rewarding about de-cluttering your living space - you get this calming piece of mind when you look about and see, well, a lack of clutter.

And you know what, all that stuff you get rid, you don’t even notice it’s gone and you wonder why you hung on to all that stuff in the first place.

By the end of summer we will have the entire house done, and I will be glad of it.

I’m thinking of doing the same thing to my lair . . . which is damn scary for the amount of stuff I have stockpiled in there over the years.

Maybe in the fall I’ll get to that task once the rest of the house is complete.

Well, not much else to report this week, but look forward to more next week as I should be able to get more stuff done . . .

And, I have used the word “stuff” way too many times in this post.

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment