Sunday, July 21, 2013

old man cusping

Seems like the older you get, the faster the weeks fly by - oh look, it’s Sunday again.

So, what transpired in my exciting, non-stop, action-packed, thrill-fest of a life this week?

Well, I finished a book, exercised a fair bit, and played a couple of board and card games . . .

Which, pretty much has you thinking, “so, nothing new then?”

. . . and you would be pretty much right on the money.

I was going to crank out a bunch of videos this week for my Vlog . . . but didn’t get to it. There will be one going up today, an update to let those couple of people that follow me (if they still do) know I’m not dead yet.

Other than that, it is summer, and the family is home, and there is much to do which takes priority over creating content for the intertubes.

Come the fall, this should change.

No, really . . .

My channel is here, if you feel the urge to take a gander at what is already there: Paul Darcy on Youtube.

The great house purge of 2013 continues and tomorrow I pick up a large shelving unit which is going in the basement to house all our camping gear plus some other large hard-to-store items.

Can’t wait to get the entire house cleaned out - so much clutter needing a good swift kick out the door. Once the clutter is gone, the painting can begin.

And my ankle bone, connected to my shin bone, is giving me no end of grief. Every time I think I can get back on the tennis courts I realize that is not so.

On my long walk yesterday, my ankle began to kill me . . . yes, on a Walk! . . . sigh . . .

Bloody hell, it sucks to not be young and super recuperative anymore.

So, the grim fact is, it may still be a few weeks or even months before I hit the courts for real again - and then when I do, it will be playing Grampa tennis for fear of actually crippling myself from another such injury.

Old age - you suck!

In other, non-related to me news, looks like Schindler’s actual list (well one of the 4 authentic typed copies) is up for sale on Ebay . . . the first stage booster rocket from the Apollo 11 moon mission has been found on the ocean floor . . . and the largest virus every has been catalogued - it’s like 1000 times larger than the common cold virus . . .

Other than that, it’s been an awfully quiet week.

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment