Sunday, June 30, 2013

let the games begin


Okay, I pretty much say that at least once a week, at least in my head if not out loud.

Why?

Because I really, really like to play games - board games in particular these days, though I have been known to dabble somewhat in the video type . . . ahem . . .

And, I made a new YouTube, 1 in 4 video, to share with you this week featuring one of the really good thematic co-op games - at least I think it is such and worthy of note.

Here it is if you want to watch it: 1 in 4, Episode 5

And it would seem, as of the writing of this, that I failed to make the cut into round two of the Geek and Sundry Vlog search . . . this does not mean I am going to stop making videos, it just means I won’t be getting a paycheck for them . . .

Oh well, I’ll keep at it just because it’s fun to do and my subscribers are just climbing like mad . . . um, well, like,  6 . . . hey, that’s more than the number of immediate family members and friends I have so relatively speaking, that is a win!

Hey, a guys gotta start somewhere.

My wife suggests I wear more interesting t-shirts and maybe the odd costume or two . . . hmm, I’ll see what I can do in upcoming episodes. Stay tuned for more of this old guy making a fool of himself . . .

And yeah! - I finished that book I wanted to finish last week this week and I’m now half way through another. The one I finished was David Gemmell’s “Hawk Eternal” and I have to say it was just okay for the first 98%, then, the last 2% was just awesome . . .

Still, that excellent ending was not epic enough to push my rating of the entire package past a 3 out of 5.

And speaking of games - I’m off to a friend’s place today. He’s had a total crapload of suck this week to deal with and I’m hoping a few distractions in board game form may take his mind off the suck - at least for a short while.

I’m bringing along Gears of War, Betrayal at House on the Hill, and Star Trek: Expeditions.

If time permits, we should be able to get a play in of all three of these as each takes only 1 to 2 hours to play.

Then there will be hamburgers . . . yum.

Oh, and did I mention that on this very day, nearly a half-century ago, I entered the world?

No?

Well, I did now.

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment