Sunday, May 05, 2013

we can rebuild him

Him, being me, of course.

Steve’s time has come and gone.

So, after two weeks of couch sitting and reading I was pretty much going out of my mind.

I needed to exercise! Get me one of them orange NASA suits - and let me move again . . .

With that one thought bouncing around my skull I said, to hell with it, and went off to the gym.

You see, I can walk okay without any real pain and most, if not pretty much all, of the swelling is gone from my ankle.

I made it for thirty minutes on the treadmill at reduced speeds . . . and was greatly relieved to notice I did not suffer a relapse.

In fact, I felt much better.

So, go team me in the rehabilitation area.

I can tell my ankle is still a bit wobbly though and not up to the rigors of tennis - so I’m taking another week off from that sport. Damn.

But, crossing my fingers and ankles, I’m hoping to get back up to my one hour treadmill walks at 4mph by the end of next week.

Who says you can’t teach an old dud new exercises . . . okay, nobody . . . but you know what I mean.

And summer has suddenly sprung around here . . . which means mowing the grass . . . ugh!

And a game happened at my house yesterday which pretty much damaged my hearing for the rest of my life. There was so much screaming, yelling and shenanigans that neigbours several houses down could hear the ruckus . . .

I speak of a gathering of eight girls ages 13 to 14 at my house. The game: Apples to Apples . . . I was playing too (silly me) and it got so loud at one point I thought the glasses we were drinking from were going to shatter.

Yes, it was great fun, but apart from standing next to a 747 during takeoff, I’m not sure what is louder than eight yelling teen girls . . .

Oh well, ankle healing, ears damaged.

Overall not a bad week.

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment