Sunday, May 19, 2013

three steps forward

and yes, one step back.

This week has been very good for me gaining traction on several projects.

Here are the highlights.

I submitted three short stories for publication in an anthology . . . hey, hey . . . not bad.

I managed to print out and make all of my board game cards. Play testing imminent.

I even made a some decent test videos for my upcoming YouTube channel . . .

I went to the gym four times and managed to keep up a 4mph pace for the entire hour on the treadmill.

So, overall the week was smoking awesome as far as me getting on with all things Paul Darcy.

And then, just as I was about to start some real filming near the end of the week for my YouTube debut - zap - struck down with a nasty head cold.

Now, I know this is a minor thing, and it will blow over in a week, but still, I was so pumped and smoking along only to be struck down . . .

Still, in my weakened state, I’m managing to gather and put down ideas for my board game and videos, so not a total waste.

But it sucks to be feeling horrible when you are supposed to be feeling awesome while working on creative things . . .

And, with all this fun project work, my reading frenzy has pretty much ground to a halt. I may have put in two or three hours tops reading this week, and that was about it.

I’m still around 30 books read for the year, so no complaints, but I’m sure my game and making videos is going to slow my page count right down - and with summer looming - I’ll be lucky to read a book a month.

Anyhow, on the garden front, I planted some tomatoes and four jalapeno plants.

With regards to tennis - well, I’m still laying off the play. I’m giving my ankle the full six weeks to recover. I just don’t want to risk going over on it again when it is in a weakened state.

Well, as you can see I’ve nailed a solid nine point five landing this week.

All I need to do is shake this stupid cold - and then continue to rock on.

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment