Sunday, April 14, 2013

much more like it

Okay, so after my moaning about my mutant inability to lose any weight no matter how hard I try - it would seem that a couple of pounds have disappeared from my midsection.

Of course, it took two weeks of working out twice a day, well most days, and sometimes even staying on the treadmill for ninety minutes instead of sixty.

But I must say, I’m feeling stronger and with more energy to boot . . . so, you ask, with all that new found energy - where the hell are those cards for your board game? . . .

Er, um, well . . .

Yeah, I’ve been concentrating so hard on exercising and trying not to eat garbage food that other things just slipped my mind this past week.

Like printing out the cards for my game.

And speaking of games, we gave Cyclades a try this week and I must say - it’s pretty darn good.

The gist of the game is to curry favour (through auction) from the gods (by giving them gold of course) so you can use their abilities like producing and moving fleets and infantry and building special buildings and such - all geared towards making two metropolises which wins you the game.

It’s a bit of a brain burner of a game because not only do you have to plan ahead for your own strategy to build two metropolises (the game winner) you have to plan ahead to thwart the other player’s who are trying to do the same thing . . .

No easy task I assure you, but pretty darn fun to try. The board size adjusts to the amount of players from 2 to 5 which is a pretty neat idea and each colour of unit is a unique sculpt even though they function exactly the same for each player.

Just a very cool aesthetic touch.

And the artwork is really nice and not the same for each player’s screen as well. The monster minis, 5 of them, are also awesome. And the variety of mythological creatures (represented on cards) you can call on to help you win have varied abilities as well.

It will be played again for sure now that the rules are more clear after our first play through attempt. If you like competitive brain burner games dripping in mythological theme - this game is a must own for you.

Also, with regards to gaming, I’ve sucked convinced a friend to come over sometime this week and give Gears of War a try - I find it a really fun game which scales extremely well from 1-4 players. It’s not easy to win, but you feel a real sense of accomplishment when you do.

Well, I should be back to exercising and gaming and tennis.

And speaking of tennis, I’ve done way better the last two weeks (won my court both times) mostly due, I'm quite sure, to the increase in my physical condition - yeah for me!

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment