Sunday, April 07, 2013

constant mass effect



So, in my never ending battle with old age and weight gain, I’ve been at the gym walking for an hour a day on the treadmill at high speed (4+ mph) - well, that’s high speed for an old guy.

End result - no change in weight whatsoever . . .

Huh.

You would think after seven workouts burning an average of 400 calories per workout for 7 days straight there would be some small incremental change in my bulk.

But, for me, that would be a resounding - No.

Now, I’m not in anyway discouraged by the lack of results, and yes I know Rome was not built in a day, but I was expecting a little something for all that hard work.

Oh, and as well as the treadmill I also played tennis for three hours on top of this and did and entire forty minute weights routine too.

So, for the entire week I’ve literally worked out ten times . . . and yes, my body is tired . . . but the good kind. No less bulky, but tired.

I call it a marginal win.

And I’m going to try to keep at this for the rest of the month. My tiny goal is to drop five pounds.

So that would be five pounds in 30 days.

I would say that is not too much to ask. And yes, muscle weights more than fat, and the moon orbits the earth and blah blah blah . . .

Ten workouts people, no change in eating habits - zero change in weight.

Not liking the initial trend.

My one attempt a couple of years ago at dropping some weight was to meticulously keep track of food intake for a month and try to eat between 200 and 500 fewer calories each day than what my body was supposed to be burning.

You know what the result of that was?

Yup, you guessed it, absolutely no change at all.

I’m beginning to think my body has some mutation which makes it stay at a certain weight not matter what I do.

It’s almost like the more calories I either burn or don’t consume, my body shuts down parts of itself to conserve mass.

I’m trying this month to break that system, but like I said - first week was a total bust.

Tune in next week for another update . . .

Hmm, maybe if I eat nothing, and work out ten times a day all next week . . . ?

Until next Sunday . . .

3 comments:

  1. Grondzilla12:18 pm

    What that last suggestion has going for it is that you will be in a state that allows for you to completely not care about the lack of weight loss. Then again, being in a coma means you won't care about *anything*. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I managed to gain .6 lbs already this week.

    If I keep going at this rate I should be around 350 lbs by Christmas.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grondzilla12:34 pm

    Who knew that seething frustration could be measured so accurately! ;)

    ReplyDelete