Sunday, March 31, 2013

fortune & glory & fatigue

Well, International Tabletop Game Day is over and I’m pretty much wiped out, but it was a fun success for me and others.

Our gaming group, 8 of us, played Fortune & Glory for 5 hours, pretty much non-stop, then we chowed down on homemade African lentil soup and homemade biscuits . . . totally yummy!  

The entire day was pretty much non-stop for me as the whole morning was taken up with daughter activities, followed by a full afternoon early evening of gaming, then it was off to the gym to go for a one hour walk on the treadmill.

So now, this morning, I’m pretty well dragging my sorry butt around the house and am not even sure I will be able to rise from my computer chair after posting this . . .

Old age - sucks.

Anyhow, I’m pretty happy with how the game session turned out. It was co-op with 8 people and 7 of them had never played this game before. My voice is pretty raw this morning from having to explain rules almost the whole time we played.

Still, I had a fun time and yes, we did whoop the game. The Mob didn’t really stand a chance once we figured out what we needed to do to gather up fortune and win.

And looking at all the pictures on the net from Tabletop Game Day from around the world it looks like thousands of others had a blast playing board games too.

Oh, and I did kinda slipped in the “went to the gym” thing. Not something I’ve ever done before but my wife decided to get us a family pass for six months and our whole family went there last night to try it out.
                                   
There are a ton, and I mean a ton, of machines from ellipticals, treadmills, rowing machines, bikes, weight machines, machines that go ping, machines I don’t know how to use and then there are other machines.

If the machines decide to take over the world when I’m in that gym - I won’t stand a chance!

Still, I was pretty happy to just burn off the sitting and eating part of the day on the treadmill last night.

Well, as I said, I’m pretty burned so I will leave off for today.

Have yourself a great week.

Until next Sunday . . .

2 comments:

  1. Zilla's Other Half4:03 pm

    It was fun! Thanks for bringing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it. Next time though maybe fewer than 8 people would be a bit faster. ;)

    ReplyDelete