Sunday, January 27, 2013

paper view

Well, I just finished number 25 in the ebook reading frenzy I’ve been in the past two months.

So, I thought I would go back to an earlier technology for a while and read a trilogy in paper . . .

I know - shocking!

It’s the Serpent’s Egg trilogy by a Canadian author - (J. Fitzgerald McCurdy) - set in Ottawa. It is a young adult fantasy series.

Our local library had all three just sitting there, and I couldn’t help myself. So now I have them and will read them in short order.

And I’ve been searching for a grand space opera with hints of mystery, horror and adventure - throw in some space battles and I’m a happy camper.

I’m thinking Alastair Reynolds will fit the bill nicely with his Revelation Space series.

On to tennis - which I took off this week to rest my hand which was bugging me again. I hurt it years ago and every once in a while it flares up.

So, I took the week off, and let it heal . . . sort of.

I’m back to the courts again this week.

And today is game day again - yeah!

Always fun to RPG or board game and just hang around with good friends while gaming and stuffing our faces with all kinds of tasty food.

It’s a good thing this happens only once a month, because at my age abusing myself like this is not a wise choice.

And my new computer is working a lot better than my old melted one. Much faster. Of course, it could have to do with a fresh load of Win 7 too.

Oh, and I’ve managed to keep up my exercise regime as well (the six days a week thing) - feeling pretty fit and good these days.

I’ve also been trying to make nutritious meals for the family each day too. Exercise and good food and enough sleep - the recipe for feeling good.

Well, once more the time flies by while I’m having fun and so another week’s worth of rambling comes to a close.

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment