Sunday, January 06, 2013

living without

Yeah . . . still no rig.

My ruined computer is still in the shop and soon to be built as all the goodies are in to build it.

Got the I5 processor, an Asus mobo, 8 gigs of ram and the truly awesome Cooler Master Haf 932 Advanced full tower case. It is an absolute monster.

I went for case cooling overkill because I do not want another of my computers to melt down. Ever. Again!

And looking at the price I`m thinking it is actually one third of the price of my very first computer, the one I got back in 1989 and played Ulitma IV on . . .

So, I`m typing this blog today on my wife`s laptop.

Wow, how I hate laptops.

I have only one word for them - convenient.

All other descriptors are negative.

And, as a late X-Mas gift I contracted some nasty nasal virus.

Yeah for me.

 I`m getting over it but there are still a couple more days of suffering before it ends.

Well, not much else to relate - except I am hopeful that my new rig will be operational by this time next week.

If not, well there will be another grumpy post showing up here . . . okay, maybe that is normal.

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment