Sunday, December 09, 2012

blowing and snowing

It really sucks to be down and out with a sore throat, stuffy head, cold - really sucks.

Still, I carry on with the aid of pharmaceuticals and am able to read - a lot.

I know this miserable cold is only temporary, but it just drains (no pun intended) the snot (okay, maybe intended now) right out of me.

But you didn’t come here to hear about my ailments . . . at least I hope you didn’t.

Looks like our first big (like, more than one inch) of snow is going to fall later today.

That is good.

And I hope it stays. I like my winter to be, you know, wintery.

Oh, and I wasn’t even going to mention it, but the world is NOT going to end Dec 21st. Please media and tards - grow a brain!

Yeah, hearing about it just makes me sad for the state of human global stupidity.

And back on the reading front - because it’s what I’m doing in my current sickly state - I’m pretty sure I’m going to exceed, or get awfully damn close, to hitting 30,000 pages read this year.

Yeah, that is a record for me for sure. My best previous year was almost 21,000, but that was way back in 1998.

My wife also is well over the 20,000 mark as well.

I attribute this huge reading boost to 2 things.

Goodreads and Ereaders.

As for tennis, I’m back on the twice or three times a week train.

Makes a big difference. But Friday I sucked again because I was just in the breaking out stage of my nasty cold. I was a wee bit cranky on the court and may have succumbed to ball abuse a couple of times . . . yeah, me bad.

This week was pretty quiet on game creation and writing as well since my offspring was home three days sick at the end of the week.

How better to transmit the virus to dear old dad?

Yeah, still cranky.

Well, I’m off to find some meds and maybe make a hot lemon tea and continue to rack up pages while I beat down this cold.

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment