Sunday, October 28, 2012

fifty pictures

Well, I told myself, I wasn’t ever going to do it again . . .

But here I am, about to do it again.

Last time I did it was in 2008.

That’s four years ago.

Oh, you probably want to know what the hell I’m talking about?

The title of this post should give you all the hint you need to figure it out, since a picture is worth 1000 words . . .

Get it - 50,000 words.

November . . .

Okay, here it is spelled out for you - NaNoWriMo 2012 . . .

I know, I must be crazy to shoot for this goal again.

It’s a brain sucking exercise for 30 days straight spewing words as fast as you can and trying to make them cogent.

Still, once it’s done I will have something to bring to our reading nights for the next four years.

And I know it can be done since I did it myself.

Call that a wee bit of inspiration for those up to the challenge this year.

I’m nyarlwriter over at the site if you feel like dropping me a note, or bomb, or word of whatever.

And I have no idea what I’ll be writing this year. I’ll just play it day by day and see where my twisted mind takes me.

That in itself should be pretty scary.

Well, I should get on to other things and let my subconscious start to form a 50,000 word tale, a tale of wonder, love, betrayal, horror, small furry things hiding in cupboards with poisonous bites . . .

Er, yeah. No problem coming up with words - the problem is making them make sense.

Until next Sunday . . .

2 comments:

  1. Hooray, another crazy person for company! Looking forward to hearing an excerpt of this furry/romance/horror/tale... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to the story of 50 thousand words.

    ReplyDelete