Sunday, August 26, 2012

truncated days and extended nights

We all hate when it starts to happen - the end of summer.

I must say though that I am not going to miss the heat one bit. Not that I do well at 40 below, but anything over plus 25 and 90 percent humidity is just wrong for me.

Still, I’m noticing the sun coming up later and going down earlier - a sign that the school year is about to start and I can get back to somewhat of a regular schedule for myself.

Despite the various and numerous distractions this summer, I’ve done pretty well on my one major project - I’m closing in on finishing my prototype space-faring board game. My plan to have it ready for testing by Sept 1 may be delayed a week or two, but no more than that.

And my reading, though it slowed down, still progresses at a healthy pace.

I just finished "Dead Beat" a Dresden book, number 7 in the series, this week. I must say it was just as much fun as the others which preceded it.

Jim Butcher has something good going on here and, hell, it’s just plain fun to read.

And because it is the last Sunday of the month - it’s games day again today!

I like games day . . . maybe a bit too much, but hey we all have our evil vices.

Today I’m bringing along "Defenders of the Realm" and "Elder Sign." Nothing new to report on the game front this week as far as acquisitions go since I kinda blew all my budget money this summer on games already . . . um, yeah.

I did ditch five games though through auction a month back, so the new stock just replaced those ones I got rid of . . . my rational, and I’m sticking with it.

And I must be getting old - you see, I’m off to Canada’s Wonderland this week with my offspring and her friend - and I’m bringing a book . . .

Yeah, not going to go on those monster coasters that go 100 miles an hour and drop 2000 feet and loop backwards ten times while you are suspended by one foot . . . um, you get the picture.

My inner ear just can’t take that kind of abuse anymore. If I really feel the need to torture myself this late in the game all I need do is listen to a politician for a few minutes . . .

Still, I’m pretty excited about choosing a book to read for the day . . . my life, the thrills, the chills, the . . . hey, I saw that!

So, with the imminent arrival of Fall, I am gearing up to set some goals and objectives for myself with regards to board game creation, reading, writing, exercise and cleaning . . .

I won’t bore you with details . . . this week.

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment