Sunday, July 15, 2012

burnt at both ends

So, just got back from looking after a 5, 6 and 13 year old . . . for ten days!

Let’s just say my energy reserves are depleted to the point of near-death . . . and that would be putting it mildly.

Still, my good deed has been done for 2012 and now I can live like a sinner for the rest of the year to balance out my karma.

A spider just crawled out from under my keyboard and caused me a moment of panic.

It’ not that I have a phobia about spiders - it’s just sudden movement out of the corner of my eye near my left typing hand caused me to very rapidly live in the moment.

And after looking at all the cool online images of Comicon I, as always, want to be there sharing in this great big Geekfest . . . alas, it is not to be.

So, as I use some of my recovered energy to make a post I’ll talk a bit more about the board game I am making.

I have collected a bunch of components - maybe not quality grade - but functional in a visually cool way to enhance the gameplay.

Writing the encounter cards is taking me the longest time to do. You see I want to have 100 cards written up while the playing grid is only 61 tiles large.

This will allow variation in each game.

I like a mechanic like that. One where each game plays the same mechanically but there is an element of variation and variety that the game is fun to play each time and each time you never know exactly how it’s going to go.

And I haven’t touched a tennis racket in the past two weeks.

Huh.

This means I will either play very well this Tuesday - or suck like a black hole.

And I also need to start getting back into physical shape as the "babysitting" episode is now officially over.

Inertia is evil . . . but not nearly as evil as Steam.

If you ever use Steam to buy and play games then you know what I mean - they are having their HUGE summer sale right now and . . .

Ah hell - resistence is futile.

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment