Sunday, April 22, 2012

back at it


It would appear, at least it feels like, my back is mostly mended.

I took an extra week off of tennis (which is killing me) just to make sure I don’t re-injure it again by being too hasty.

But the two weeks plus of relative inactivity has been driving me a bit crazy. And to top it off my offspring was home most of those two weeks sick as can be.

She is still coughing up a lung as of today, but not as frequently or violently as when she was in the midst of it.

Happy joy times for all involved, let me tell you.

And today kicks off a week and a half of relative visits . . . um, yeah, it just gets better and better.

I don’t really mind, but it is a strain on my nerves.

And as I suspected the new book I’m working on is sitting in the back of my mind - and that’s about where it’s stuck at the moment.

I’m actively thinking about it . . . that counts, doesn’t it?

And I noticed the back hatch of my van is sprouting rust spots like it has chicken pox . . . if vehicles can get chicken pox that is. I suspect that within a couple years it’s going to get pretty ugly.

And the lawn looks like it’s almost ready to be mowed which is another great way to strain my recently recovered back. So, it’s going to be pretty shaggy looking before I get to it this spring.

It is supposed to snow for a couple of days beginning tomorrow though, so that should slow down the blade growth a wee bit, I hope.

Also, my ereader, though I really, really like it don’t get me wrong, seems to have a pretty sad battery life before I have to recharge it.

It claims to be able to last 24 hours of continuous reading time and two weeks of off time before it needs a recharge.

To that I say - Bullshit!

I have found, on two occasions already, that after a mere 8 hours of reading it is crying out with a warning to be recharged. That is pretty sad.

Last time I checked a day was 24 hours long, not 8, at least on this planet.

Still, the convenience of the device outweighs the needs of the . . . er, whatever . . . you know what I mean.

Well, I am looking forward to getting back to some tennis again this Wednesday after two and a half million . . . er, weeks off.

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment