Sunday, February 12, 2012

could this be snow

Well, I looked out this morning and, low and behold, there was snow on the ground. Okay, not the first time this year, but it seems like it and this winter is, at least in my mind, starting to wind down already.

Which brings me to the fact that I love indoor tennis.

Snow, rain, wind - who cares when you have a roof over your head.

And with my new Wilson BLX rackets I did pretty okay during my doubles match on Friday.

Okay, but not great.

With the reduction in power generated with the new rackets I was having a wee bit of trouble adjusting. It’s hard to play games and make a large adjustment to your swing strokes at the same time.

That said though, I came in at the center of the pack.

Not good, but not bad either. And the rackets, like I mentioned in my review last week, are sweet on the arm - no real strain at all.

Give me a few more months of tennis aerobics and matches and I may figure out how to really wield these BLXs.

And why the H has this blog become so damn boring and mundane of late, you ask?

Well, I’ve had to take self-censoring to a whole new level here in the last few months.

My offspring reads this.

Yah, now you know.

It’s really nice to see your offspring growing up, succeeding at life, exploring the world - it’s another to have them reading and then commenting to you about what you wrote on your blog.

So, what can one do?

Well, I could keep a personal journal in a locked notebook somewhere . . . but, yes, that would indeed be very lame.

So, I’ll continue to post mundane entries right here every Sunday and watch my already low visitor numbers plummet even more. When the stats hit 1 visit a week - well, at least I’ll know who it is.

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment