Sunday, November 20, 2011

back and back again

So I’ve been playing Left 4 Dead with a friend, trying desperately to complete the very last mission “The Sacrifice” and it’s been hell.

Also, my back is acting up crimping my tennis game.

On the game front, we finally managed to complete “The Sacrifice” once, after about six tries.

We switched characters to so my friend could get the same achievements I got . . . and you are rolling your eyes and wondering “WTF are you babbling about” . . .

Okay, enough with the games.

My back, never the pillar supporting the earth at the best of times, has been causing me issues the last several days.

I hurt it but good twice in my youth. Once doing drills for badminton (I was on the University team) and once previously playing - you guessed it - tennis.

And now that I’m not so young anymore those old war wounds creep into my life every now and then to remind me that I was not a kind and gentle person to my frame as a young man.

Ibuprofen takes the edge off, but does not make it go away.

Probably intense physiotherapy and an operation would cure it, but who has time or money for that kind of help?

No, it’s better for me to live through the agony and, as it’s done in the past, it will eventually tone down and mostly just go away.

At least that’s my hope.

As well the osteoarthritis I have in my mid-back and neck don’t add to the enjoyment of sports much either, but that is a separate issue and mostly doesn’t bother me.

Have I ever mentioned that getting old SUCKS! . . . I know, I’m a broken record . . . if records have bad backs and osteoarthritis, that is.

So I’ll stop the moaning now and get on with how my old rackets are performing. The Max 200G is still tops in my book and both of them now how new strings which is making a big difference.

I played two weeks ago with one of them and the strings, I kid you not, were like fifteen years old. I played like crap. It was no wonder. I felt like I was hitting balls with a fish net instead of a strings.

Anyhow, they are all better now.

Now, if only my back could be repaired as easily . . . oops! - moaning again. Stopping. Now.

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment