Sunday, September 11, 2011

hmm upgrades

Every time I blink it seems to me that the computer industry jumps ahead about ten steps - and yes, I am Mr. Dinosaur when it comes to keeping up with the latest tech.

My needs are not great when it comes to PC computing. As long as my rig can play games that are fairly recent (Fallout 3, etc), handle music creation programs and word processing, I’m pretty happy.

My wife needs a new device though and is going to get one of those fancy mobile units, laptops I think you call them, for her needs. My daughter will then inherit her old desktop and I’ll end up beefing up my current machine to handle the up-and-coming PC computer games which are not even going to support Windows XP.

Nuff said about techy toys and tools.

The water leak I’ve been dealing with was not solved with the wonder-tape repair. I kind of wondered how well that would work - and it just doesn’t. So, I’m going to have to break down and get the plumber in soon.

*sigh*

On the upside we had a fun game of Arkham yesterday against Yog-Sothoth. And we absolutely had our butts handed to us during the end battle against the bubble-bath-beast. It was not pretty, not pretty at all.

And I had an opportunity to help a fellow player close the final gate, which would have won the game for us, but I clued out and didn’t notice I had that particular spell at the time it was needed. I did get six spells at the same time during the turn before and, I admit, I didn’t really read them all too closely.

On the tennis front I’ve been at it four times again this week and feeling pretty good. My wrist seems to have finally sorted itself out and gives me almost no pain anymore. I’m on the courts again today and looking forward to the workout and smacking the fuzzies.

And with the coming of the new computing toys, I think I need to do a major de-clutter of the house. Our basement is filling up with stuff again and my lair seems to be almost bursting with accumulated things.

I have to get serious about getting rid of things and just let-then-go. I hang on to way too many things for way too long. This is not a good thing. I think this week I’m going to do a huge purge and take it all to sell at auction this coming Saturday.

Wish me luck.

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment