Sunday, September 25, 2011

balls up

That’s what the tennis instructor always says at the end of our tennis aerobics session . . . and yeah, I laugh inside each time I hear it.

Still 12 years old I guess.

So, I’ve been playing tennis 4, 5 times a week now for a bit and starting to feel like I can hit a few shots the way I used to.

My old racquet is performing well and my wrist injury is pretty much gone. I did hurt my left knee a bit, but it’s more a slight annoyance than a hindrance. I should watch that I don’t do myself some serious injury though. Still I can’t help but get out on the court and try somewhere close to 100%.

But, us old guys can still move on the court despite the advancing age thing. Case in point, take a boo at This Video.

Mac is 48, and Edberg is like 41. Watching this I was like - holy crap can these two still play the game even in their forties.

So, there is still hope for me as I’m about that age. Main point is, I still enjoy it and watching these two has inspired me.

And speaking of Steam . . . oh, sorry you can’t read my mind . . .

Anyhoo, I upgraded my high-speed to the next level which is 4 times faster than the light high speed we’ve had for the last month. So, bottom line now is instead of 12 times faster than my old dial-up connection I’m now clocking in at 48 times the old speed.

That, to me, is how it should be. Let’s me watch the tennis videos I want, when I want.

But back to Steam. Got all the Company of Heroes games for under 10 bucks. And, with the new improved suck down speed I was able to play them pretty much same day I sucked them down.

Even on the old high-speed it would have taken like 36 hours to download instead of 9.

I know I keep going on about this, and now I’ll shut up about it already.

And I’ve been slowly developing a short story of creepiness which I really hope to have ready for or next reading night gathering.

Well, I must go watch some paint dry and get the lawn mowed before the week of rain heading our way.

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment