Sunday, June 05, 2011

adult games

Yes, I frequently play them . . . and I think everybody else should too . . . well, adults, I mean.

And by games - I’m talking board, electronic, sports and role playing.

As you may have gathered from twitter and right here I play a lot of tennis and yes, I love it. Not gonna have a career in it, but love it all the same.

And board games I adore too. The bigger, with more bits, strategy elements and cards etc. I get immersed in when I can find other like minded nuts to participate with me.

Then there are the electronic versions. Lately I’ve been absorbed by Plants vs. Zombies. Damn fine game if ever there was one.

If you haven’t seen the Plants vs. Zombies credits, especially the music video, you need to. It’s absolute genius and doubly great if you’ve already played the game. However, you can still enjoy the credits even if you’ve never played the game. Go, find it on YouTube right now and watch.

And our group D&D sessions should be starting up again this month after about a year or two hiatus. Been too long, but going to be fun. Oh, and I’m not big on the playing a role part, but the imagination and creation aspects of the game are enough to carry our group along nicely.

So I know what you are thinking - this guy doesn’t do a lick of work! Well, contrary to that opinion, I keep the household in order.

If you think that is not a lot of work, well buster (or busterette) have I got news for you.

Okay, maybe I spend a bit more of my time playing vs working, but hey - I already spent 20 years locked in the “cubicle from hell”, so I deserve it.

Which reminds me now I have absolutely zero ties to GM now. What a relief. I don’t own any of their products, and never will again, and have no financial binds through pension etc. I took my cash out of them and invested it myself. Would you trust a company that went bankrupt once to handle your pension cash?

Well, I can see by the clock on the wall that it’s time for me to ga . . . er, . . . do some, um, housework.

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment