Sunday, March 06, 2011

russian winter

That’s what it feels like today both inside my head and outside my house.

This week has been one big snarled mess of complications on the financial side of my life.

Nothing bad, just damn annoying.

As you know from last week’s post we are now the proud owners of a bouncing baby Dodge Caravan . . .

. . . But paying for it is turning into a bit of a circus.

You see, I went to my friendly neighbourhood bank to ask for a wee bit of cash to tide us over for the next few months . . . and the fun began.

Seems like having a buttload of assets means the square root of F-all. It’s all about the income . . . which I don’t have at the moment.

Okay, I say, what about my wife’s income.

Fine they say, but let’s do a credit check on both of you.

Fine I say . . . and I thought this was the end of the hurdles . . . it was just the starting pistol going off.

Seems like GMAC has me listed with three outstanding leases for GM cars . . . I currently have one for F’s sake!

. . . it would appear that the albatross of GM still hangs from my neck. They were a screw-up when I worked there, and it seems they are still a screw-up. GMAC was originally owned and operated by GM . . . enough said.

They screwed up, and hence screwed me up.

Not happy.

Which brings me to the Dodge we just bought. It’s one year older and has 10,000 more kilometers on it than both my GM vehicles (both will be gone in the next month - thank your favourite entity) and let me tell you the Dodge is a solid, better handling, better designed, just damn better everything vehicle than any other GM product I’ve ever owned.

And I’ve owned quite a few.

How does GM even stay in business at all? I have not idea. Oh wait - Government handouts. I know, Chrysler had the same issues, but I am so glad to never have to have anything to do again with any GM product.

Anyhow, I’ve got to contact GMAC and get their screwed-up records straight so I can get a wee loan.

Oh, and don’t even get me started on Income Tax . . . which I did this week also. I dislike the Government almost as much as GM . . . almost.

Needless to say the writing and the music just kind of froze in place like Hitler’s army 24 miles from Moscow in the winter of 1941 . . .

. . . . okay, maybe not the best comparison.

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment