Sunday, February 20, 2011

earliest post ever

or latest, depending on your perspective.

I should not have had that coffee after 6:00 PM.

So, yeah, this will be the sleep-deprived, half-awake post you were hoping for.

Remember that mini-van revolution that started in the early-eighties? Well, as of yesterday, I’ve finally joined it.

I may be a couple plus decades late, but, well, yeah . . .

I know I swore on this very blog that I would never, ever, ever, ever, own a mini-van . . . um, well, I guess that’s still technically true because it’s in my wife’s name . . . but that would be splitting hairs, wouldn't it.

So, we went out to look at some vans yesterday and well . . .

. . . saw them, drove them, bought one.

We are good for the economy. Go us!

So, enough of that.

I’ve finished editing my latest short story and will be giving it a final read over today. Once completed, it’s off to the land of publishers.

Wish me success.

And I must confess I’ve yet to get started on my next music project. Bad, bad me.

I’m going to give it the old college try next week and see what comes of it since I’m supposed to post my next musical creation next Sunday.

That’s going to be a stretch, but I think I might be able to pull it off. If not I blame it on this truncated excuse of a month.

Because, isn’t February too damn short?

I mean, what’s up with that?

Have I mentioned sleep-deprived and half-awake?

I’ll torture you no longer . . . must crawl back into bed . . . try to slavage some sleep . . .

Until next Sunday . . .

1 comment:

  1. You and your coffee and me and that tasty peppercorn steak last night. It turns out that maybe I should have scraped off many more of those peppercorns than I did cause they made for a couple of hours of less-than-fun at 3 in the AM.

    I will try to keep *her* from making ill considered remarks about the cube-with-wheels. After she read 'Snow Crash' she started referring to all mini-vans as 'Bimbo boxes'.

    ReplyDelete