Sunday, January 23, 2011

got a go go

In a huge rush this morning, and yes, it’s only 6:00 AM, the time when most normal people sleep in on Sunday.

Hey . . . I’m normal . . . sometimes.

Why the early rise?

Well, my little one is off on a school trip for a few days and their bus leaves at 7:00 AM.

I’m happy for her and she is over the moon, which it is hard to get her back down to earth and get her to eat breakfast and then settle in the car to make the trip to the school.

Still, should be fun for us all. She gets a great trip and we get some quality couple time.

Win Win.

The writing is coming along very slowly on the new short story. I’m possibly spending too much time agonizing over the psychological ramifications of every scene and word out of everybody’s mouth.

I should just let the first draft flow where it may, but I’m trying hard to stick to a specific agenda for this part of the story collection, and don’t want to screw it up. Hence the agonizing.

Never fear though, it will be done by month’s end even if I have to pry the hard parts of the story from my mind with a claw hammer.

Better strides have been made on my newest musical creation. I think I’ve just about got it nailed for this month and no, it’s not a thumping dance trance tune. Some of you will be let down, others are likely sighing with relief.

So "Sea Lion Shuffle" will be debuting next Sunday. Another win . . .depending on your perspective, of course.

Rest assured the next tune, Dolphin Disco, will see me return to the body thumping bass lines and techno dance trips and synths you just know I can’t resist. The eighties did colour everything I do. What can I say?

Well, it’s about time I got the last of the last minute things together for the offspring’s journey.

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment