Sunday, December 05, 2010

I am finished

That is it.

Absolutely done . . .

. . . with writing my latest short story!

WooHoo for me, and all that rot.

It’s been like seven years I think . . . well, okay, maybe seven months since I last finished a short story.

You see what trying to re-write a novel does for you when your heart and soul belong to the short story gods? So, now that I have it all written down, and have it partially edited, I’m raring to get down to the nitty gritty polishing, then send it on its way to a publishing house.

And how can I get so excited and all worked up without a master plan? . . .

. . . I know, I know, I’m always coming up with “another or revised” master plan long before the old one has gathered dust. Still, new master plans get me motivated, and so a new master plan it is.

My new master plan is simple. Write and send out one short story per month, starting this month, and running right through to the end of next year. Yup, that would be a total of 13 short stories which just happens to be the perfect amount for a short story collection . . .

But where does the music making fit in then? I’m sure you are asking that right about now . . .

. . . or, maybe you were thinking something else . . . like why doesn’t he stop changing his damn plans and just get something done . . .

Ahem, well then, about the music . . .

The music creation is more a noodling around fun thing for me to do and comes after my writing sessions are complete each day. When I get a new tune assembled I’ll post it up on the site and let you listen to it, share it, even send it off to the Pope, you know, if you so desire. Hell, he may even like it.

On the family fun front, today is put up the tree day. My daughter always loves this part of the year, even more than the presents. Go figure. It is fun though, I must admit. We usually play the Charlie Brown, Elvis and Bing Christmas CDs while we do it.

Well, there is much for me to get done this morning, thne I’m off to visit a sick friend this afternoon to try and make him feel a little better . . . by bringing over my board game “Pandemic” for us to play, of course.

Somehow I find this funny . . . maybe he won’t.

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment