Sunday, November 21, 2010

dances with whales

Well, I’ve had an entire week since the last post to dive deep into my creative pool and see if there are any pearl laden oysters on the bottom, or just a leaking oil well . . .

Seems there may be one oyster down there still.

Yes, I composed an electronic tune this week.

Why?

Well, as much as I like a great creepy story or twisted TV show, I also am very, very fond of electronic dance trance type music in all it’s variations. So, what could I do except compose one for your listening pleasure?

Here it is just to get it out of the way so you don’t have to read any longer but can immediately sample the fruits of my labours.

It’s called Whale Dance . . . you know, dance music intended for what else . . . whales.

It’s about 5 MB and runs just over 5 minutes and is an MP3.

Whale Dance



Now some explanations.

This tune was composed on the cheapest, oldest, music composition program I think in existence: The MTV MucicGenerator circa 2000?

It’s limited in riffs but very easy to use. Surprisingly loaded with options and functions if you spend the time to learn all the ins and outs of the program . . . which I didn’t. Still, you can hear from Whale Dance that it’s not all bad.

And I have it on good authority that a much better program may be in production this very minute in Santa’s workshop . . . I am very excited about that!

So, what this all means is, as well as intermittently crawling along on my writing projects, I’ll also be conjuring up tunes to satisfy my inner creative being.

Hope you enjoy the Whale Dance . . . I’m sure there will be more to come in the future.

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment