Sunday, October 24, 2010

recovering and reloading

Well, am I glad that is almost all over now.

The cold-from-hell, that is.

It’s been a while since my body was infected by such a nasty bug. Hope it only happens once a decade or two.

Even today, after fighting the damn thing off all week, I’m still hacking up stuff and blowing my nose on occasion.

And, after cleaning out my drug cabinet, I found the cold medications I was taking had all expired about two years ago. Hmm, maybe that’s why they were not very effective in staving off the worst of the symptoms I suffered.

Anyhow, suffice to say little, as in no, writing happened this week except for an email or two.

I did manage to fire up some computer games though in between sufferings and did a lot of Wasteland searching in Fallout 3. I visited a good friend two days ago, I was ambulatory by then if just barely, and we managed a game of Arkham Horror.

We lost.

We played against the Ancient One: Shudde M’ell and were a bit hazy on the end game rules so kind of winged it. We had one character devoured right before the final showdown. Not a good situation to find oneself in. Despite our best efforts using dynamite, elephant guns and fists, we had the world come crashing down around our ears - literally - as Shudde M’ell is the giant Uber-Dhole.

Um, okay then.

Seems I could have managed some writing, but with a cloudy head and out of date drugs not doing what they should I just didn’t. Bad, bad me.

I promise to do better this upcoming week.

Oh, as a family, we did watch some more Sabrina the Teenage Witch. Hmm, the more I watch, the more I like. I must be weird. Fallout 3 and Sabrina . . . not really a matching pair of distractions, but there you have it.

Well, here’s hoping that next week I’ll have a short story update, as in I finished the first draft and am now polishing it.

But the same friend lent me his Orange Box . . . you know, Half-Life 2 and Portal . . . hmm . . .

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment