Sunday, October 03, 2010

er um yeah

Seems that when I used to post a blog once-a-day I had more to relate than this once-a-week gig . . .

So, as I scrape the bottom of my cranium barrel for something, I’ll just start with the obvious - my writing.

Been doing it consistently now for over a week after the long lapse, and I’m going to make damn sure I do it every day for the entire month of October. Been flirting with the idea of doing NaNoWriMo again this year . . . but if I do it will be a limited thing, like just making sure I produce something every day for the month of November without the pressure of cranking out 50,000 new words. I know I can do that if I want, as I’ve done it twice before - it’s not a pleasant experience though and does lead to a bit of burnout come December.

As far a reading goes I’ve been chewing through books like crazy. I’ve passed the 45 mark already and don’t look to be slowing down much with three months left to go.

Reading is good for the writing. Don’t believe me? Just ask Stephen King and he’ll set you straight.

I am going to mention that at my age (somewhere between infancy and dotage) I’m slowly losing touch with what is happening on this globe. With dial-up internet and no TV hookup I get a very limited view of the big picture.

Not sure it that is a good thing or a bad thing. Likely better for me than not. Keeps my blood pressure regular.

Notice how I’ve avoided telling you anything about how my novel’s third draft is coming along . . . er, I have started a new short story though, and it should be ready for a read through come this October’s reading night.

So, the air is getting chilly in this part of the world and the furnace is actually running now as I type this, yes, before the sun rises.

I was hoping, against all hope of course, that my damn lawn would not grow six inches in the last three weeks with the cooling temperatures - but alas, it is not to be. I need to get out there, likely today, and chop the damn stuff down once more. This will definitely be the last mow of 2010 though - I don’t care what it does after today until next spring.

And I’ve gone to a few auction previews but have just not seen anything worth my time in the evening to stick around for.

Maybe next week’s auctions will be better. Still trying to find that 1937 Bakelite telephone . . .

And this ends the letter to my parents . . . geez, doesn’t it sound like it though . . . barf . . .

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment