Sunday, September 26, 2010

trek to track

Well, that was one hell of an extensive pause from writing let me tell you.

So yes, I’m back at it once more with the intention of writing each day and not stopping again until Christmas this year . . .

That is the plan anyway.

And as we all know the best laid . . . yada yada . . . yawn.

You don’t need to hear me rambling, so let me just tell you a little bit about the PC game, Dragon Age Origins, my reward after writing each day. I need incentive to keep at it and an engrossing computer game fits the bill nicely.

Feel free to tune out during the next paragraph as I give a mini-review of Bioware’s awesome newish fantasy game.

Ahem then - Dragon Age is a mix of Baldur’s Gate 2 and Neverwinter Nights. Now this may horrify some and titillate others, but let me just say it is the best of both of those games done absolutely right. Very cool story-driven game with eye-popping graphics for the almost seemingly endless cut-scenes, complete with the best voice acting I’ve encountered in a game to date. There, nuff said. If you like epic fantasy games then this is the one for you.

Okay, I’m back . . . hello? . . . ello . . .llo . . . lo. . . o . . .

Um, so, with the shifting of my mental gears towards writing once more I find I need a bit of a plan to proceed.

Looking back at my old plan I seem to have tasked myself with writing twenty new short stories based on my detective series and my superherorine series . . . er, a very tall order by any stretch and one I am sure not to achieve this year.

The other master plan was to complete my novel and get it in circulation . . . er, well, I’m still working on it, and it will see a completion of its 3rd draft this year. I do take mental notes during our reading nights and these will help me for the 4th draft . . . which will likely proceed next year . . .

. . . novels are such unwieldy beasts . . . why does anybody torture themselves by writing them?

Well, enough from me this week as I get back into the swing of things. I think to start I will conjure up a new short story or two for October’s reading night. Afterwards I will proceed along the original flight path and hope there are no tall trees or mountain tops in the way.

At least I can see the track again as my lengthy trek through the void concludes.

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment