Sunday, February 14, 2010

still the void listens

I sometimes wonder who actually spends time reading this? I’ve blogged before about how some 70,000 blogs are created per minute, and quite frankly, who has the time to try and find one they like, and even if they do, how long do the hang around?

Not complaining at all, so don’t get me wrong, but I do wonder all the same.

It appears, looking at my stats, that the two blog posts that get the undisputed “most attention” here are the Fastest Animals post and the Secret Ingredient in Tim Horton’s coffee post.

Hmm, must be what is most important here at the Twisted Mind, or perhaps what Google indexed the best?

Which, in non-Euclidian thinking, takes us directly to my writing update for the past little while.

Two things of note on that front.

First, I’ve completed the second draft of my novel ‘Typhoon Rising’ and it sits at a nice word count of 72,000. Though this is shy of the magical 80,000 plus, by the time I finish with the third draft if will weigh in nicely in the designated ‘novel length’ category of between 80,000 to 100,000 words.

Then, with a final forth draft polish, it will be off to sell these wares and scream into the void hoping that a publisher with an infinite probability drive will be traveling the galaxy, hear me, like my work, and decide to trade some cash for it.

Secondly, on the short story front I’ve now completed the second story of thirteen in my new pseudo-superhero series. I’m happy with it so far, and gearing up this week to start the third story. And so I stay on track for my goal of one-short-story-per-month.

And well, would you look at that - it’s Valentine’s Day!

We, my wife and I, are going out to dinner tonight at a great restaurant while our little one is going to a fun sleep over. This, is good for all of us.

And, in closing today, what unread blog post could truly be complete without the author springing a surprise guilty pleasure for those with the internal fortitude to wade all the way to the end of it?

So, my latest guilty pleasure - watching, and really liking, ‘Sabrina the Teenage Witch’ . . .

. . . and with that total loss of credibility, I’ll sign off and get back to writing fiction . . . okay, more fiction?

. . . Until next Sunday

3 comments:

  1. Zilla's Other Half10:19 am

    I seem to remember thinking that show was ok. The animatronic cat was cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me you're at least watching Sabrina because the little one likes it, and not just all alone on your own. Otherwise that would be kind of weird...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watching "Teenage Witch" because the little one (getting much bigger these days) chose it as her show for our once a week family night DVD viewing.

    Would I watch it on my own, and still enjoy it? . . . um, "no comment" ;)

    ReplyDelete