Sunday, October 11, 2009

would that I could create time

Sounds like a great idea, but it’s beyond my powers to alter the universe just so I can get a few more hours inserted for my benefit into each day . . .

Anyhow, it’s Sunday (hey, I didn’t miss it this week) and I thought I would give an update about my James-Bond-like life . . .

. . . Ahem.

Seems our rat has managed to damage his hind foot somehow and is now limping around his cage. Not good. Must have had a bit too much to drink one night and fallen down one of the sets of stairs in his cage - I think he will be all right.

As for writing, I’ve had a heck of a time finishing off the novel’s second draft and it looks now, with more interruptions on the way this Canadian Thanksgiving weekend plus furnace work and energy audits next week, that I’ll have to shoot for November 1st as the cut-off to have it done. One whole month past my self-imposed deadline.

But, I have another novel (my third) all planned, and I am going to get it cranked out during this year’s NaNoWriMo. It will be a month of insane first-draft cramming - but it will give me another huge project to work on after my current novel is completed - my goal is to have one novel ready to circulate per year. I would like to use NaNoWriMo each year to get a first draft done leaving me the remaining 11 months of the year to rewrite it and get it publish worthy.

And that contest short story will have to wait until, well, another contest. I just can’t get my second draft of the current novel done, and a short story of merit, in 2 ½ weeks before NaNoWriMo.

Oh well, such is life.

By the end of next week we should have our new furnace installed too - just in time for the coming winter season. And it better damn well last 20 years, not 17 like the last one!

Oh, I should mention that I’ve passed the 40 novels-read-for-the-year mark this month already - which puts me way ahead of my pages/year read goal or 10,000, so that’s a plus.

Well, looks like stuff needs doing, so I’ll be scooting along then to get doing it.

Until next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment