Monday, August 10, 2009

news free

Day 347 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

I’ve made it a point not to listen to, read, or watch any news in the past four weeks. And despite being pretty much out of the loop with regards to worldly going’s on (like I ever really was before anyhow) I’ve not missed it one little bit.

I actually get whatever small bits of news I oversee dribbled to me from those I follow on Twitter. How is that for bizarre.

Did you know the black hole in the center of our galaxy is a mere 4 million solar masses? Did you know Andromeda’s is 30 million solar masses. And did you know a monster lurks in the heart of galaxy M87, which weighs in at around 1 billion solar masses?

Now you do - and that’s the kind of news you really need to know.

Oh, and if our sun were a mere 20 times more massive than it is, when it burned out its fuel, it would collapse into a black hole.

Wouldn’t that be an event on our horizon . . .

See what I did there?

Yes, blogging for a year has affected my mind - and not necessarily in a good way.

Now, back to the books - those I’m reading, and those I’m writing.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment