Saturday, August 01, 2009

the new short

Day 338 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

It’s been percolating in my mind for the past several days - that new twisted short story - and now it must come out.

It's a situation I haven’t read yet (though it has probably been done before - haven’t they all?) and is just begging to get out of my cluttered mind and free itself.

It will be set in the world of Morley Fenn, and it will be he that investigates the mystery.

So, with August hot off the press, and my mind working overtime on this idea, I need to scurry off NOW and get it down.

Oh, and on a practical side note of everyday life, my wife scooped a permanent job for next year so our financial woes will be lessened and my writing career can be given a good run before I need to go out and get a job packing groceries.

Also our neighbour has offered to pay for half of the fence I had decided not to build - so, fence is back on the menu boys!

Which means I need to contact my good friend (a real "Builder the Bob" type) and see when he is free to help me with the construction.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment