Sunday, August 23, 2009

motivational stickers

Day 360 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

I took some advice and incorporated stickers into my writing routine for a reward.

I know it sounds kind of 3rd grade, but when my calendar starts to fill up with these colourful little representations of hard work, I start to feel good about what it is I’m doing and can actually see how much time and effort is going into my writing career.



In the pile you can see stickers called, ‘Solar System’, ‘Bold Butterflies’, ‘Colorful Smiles’, ‘Happy Books’, and of course, the ever ubiquitous and popular stars.

If I write two hours a day, and each star represents 15 minutes on my hourglass timer, then I should have enough stickers to last me for over two years . . .

Yes, I believe in overkill.

Actually this pile of stickers, for me, means that when I have finally pasted them all to my calendar, I will be well on my way to a paid living cranking out words to entertain.

At least that is the plan.

Until tomorrow . . .

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you've got way more stickers than me. I just have two different kinds of stars to choose from. Seeing the calendar fill up does help buoy spirits when I'm feeling under-accomplished, but I'm finding that it doesn't necessarily help with finishing novels.

    Maybe after I'm done my 365 days of writing, I should only let myself put a star up if I've written part of a novel chapter. Now *that* would be some serious motivation.

    ReplyDelete