Tuesday, August 04, 2009

morning brew

Day 341 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

The picture you see below is the actual system I use to make my morning coffee.



I probably use double what any sane person needs for one 14 oz. Mug, but I seem to really need a strong shot in the morning to get my old neurons firing for my writing time.

Well, it’s what I tell myself anyhow.

I can quit any time I like . . . really . . .

Ahem, as you can see I use an old Melita drip filter holder thing - they have an actual name? I find my coffee machine totally inadequate for squeezing the maximum coffee goodness into one cup. The machine has a way of diluting the pure caffeine essence no matter how much coffee I scoop into it.

And so I use the drip method.

I think the only thing that would work better would be dumping the coffee straight into 14 oz. Of boiling water and then drinking it unfiltered.

But that would be gross, wouldn’t it? And gritty.

Now to enjoy my strong brew and get that writing muscle exercised properly for today.

Until tomorrow . . .

2 comments:

  1. Zilla's Other Half9:24 am

    That's what a bodum's for :)

    ReplyDelete