Monday, August 17, 2009

klaatu verada ni-cough-er-cough-ahem

Day 354 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Just about says it all for campy movies for me.

So yes, I was watching “Army of Darkness” last night and it always makes me laugh out loud.

In the beginning of the movie, when Ash first arrives in the past, it is dead obvious his shotgun is not on his back in its leather case. In fact we can see the empty case over and over again in many scenes until suddenly he shoots Arthur’s sword in half.

So just where was he hiding that 2 ½ foot long firearm? I’ve heard of horseshoes before, but this is ridiculous . . .

It reminded me of the animated 60s Spider Man where Spidy is swinging along with his camera, then no camera, then camera, then no camera, etc.

Self-imposed flubs aside, this is a damn fine fun movie to sit back with and just unload - a shotgun or rifle works best, for the unloading part that is . . .

In fact the last scene of Ash in the S-Mart wielding the lever action rifle and blowing away a demon witch girl is just too much for me - and I love it.



Shop smart, shop S-Mart.

Give me some candy, baby,

Groovy.

And it you like Campbell in this movie, you aught to see him in “Bubba Ho-Tep” which is superior and just as campy and possibly even more fun.

Until tomorrow . . .

1 comment:

  1. Zilla's Other Half6:02 pm

    However, I can attest that Alien Apocolypse is, well, bad enough that its only really viewable with alcohol and other like-minded individuals. Even Bruce doesn't quite save the beast, even though he tries...he really does.

    ReplyDelete