Saturday, August 15, 2009

hot peppers two

Day 352 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

How could I even begin to call myself a true pepper grower if I didn’t have in my garden some hot Hungarian ones?

Seen below here is one of our two hot Hungarian pepper plants, which seem to be doing better than the Jalapenos - as far as growing peppers early is concerned.



I’ve already tried one, and yes I nibbled first. To my satisfaction I found them to be quite hot indeed. Not hot enough to make you sick, but eating one will likely make you sweat and look for beverages in a hurry.

I’m not sure what exactly I’m going to do with them. They will likely end up being consumed by me with cheese and crackers, unless I can find a recipe for them. My family likes a bit of spice, but not too much. I fear putting one of these in a recipe will not make them happy.

True story:

Back when I first started into my cubicle life I knew a Hungarian worker and he used to bring in these peppers by the dozens each day, when they were in season.

I recall watching in horror and fascination as he would proceed to consume one after the other during lunch like they were carrots. Sweat would break out all over his body and he looked like he was about to spontaneously combust. He never did though, and as far as I know he is still alive and kicking.

This concludes the peppers in the garden series.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment